Puppet Architect Training Course
In Puppet Architect students will learn how to design their own infrastructure and define their own right way to implement Puppet.
Note: This is an advanced level course.
This course is designed to provide practical skills used to architect Puppet infrastructure and to understand interactions between different components. The class will focus on the architecture of Puppet Enterprise itself, giving students the ability to determine the most efficient and extensible architecture to scale Puppet to their own needs with API integration and monitoring to support its growth.
Can't make it to one of our locations? You can now attend some Architect classes remotely. Same class, same instructor, same great learning experience. Contact us for more details.
- Public: $1,700 USD
- Private: Request a Quote
- Bundle Discount: Purchase a seat in Architect & Fundamentals and receive a 20% discount.
After completing this course students will be able to architect a robust Puppet infrastructure integrated with external tooling and scale up to meet growing business demands. They will be able to evaluate design patterns and workflow alternatives and develop policies that work well for their own organization.
In this course, we expect students to have an intimate understanding of their site needs and have a reasonable idea of how they can use Puppet to manage their infrastructure. They should be expert sysadmins with an understanding of the operating system and the impact of various tuning techniques.
The course is designed for site architects and DevOps professionals with a solid understanding of configuration management strategies and sysadmin skills. Understanding the Puppet DSL is useful, but mastery is not required.
Puppet Fundamentals or, 3+ months of experience using Puppet
Have the Training VM downloaded to your computer before you show up. We will run through the configuration and installation for this VM in class, so you don't need to boot it up prior to class. Just make sure that it's on your computer and you know how to start it.
- Note: this VM is not the same one used for Fundamentals or Practitioner.
- Designing and implementing an efficient development workflow.
- Designing complex Hiera datasource hierarchies.
- Sharing data between nodes via exported resources.
- Using MCollective from the command line to automate infrastructure orchestration.
- Estimating the number of nodes their Master(s) can support.
- Using r10k to automate Puppet code deployment.
- Dynamic provisioning strategies providing for rapid infrastructure scaling.
- Designing a scaled architecture for their infrastructure.
- Managing multiple Puppet environments in an effective manner.
- Interacting with the Puppet Master using the REST APIs.
- The underlying message passing protocol that MCollective is built on.
- Scaling the ActiveMQ messaging bus.
- Integrating Puppet with external tools via Hiera backends, report processors, etc.
To register for a Puppet training course please fill out the form below and a GLiNTECH expert will get in contact with you.