- Full time Position
- Sydney Based
GLiNTECH is rapidly growing and we're looking for a Junior Software Developer with a strong passion for software development to join our In-House Development Team. Working alongside a small, dedicated and supportive team of software engineers, you will participate in the design, configuration, and development of software solutions for our business and clients of the Atlassian eco-system.
About the role:
As a member of the In-House Development team, you will:
- Design, develop, and maintain server-side logic and APIs to support our internal integrations and apps.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code following industry best practices and coding standards.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, performance, and adherence to specifications.
- Work with databases and ORM frameworks to efficiently store and retrieve data.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and resolve software defects and performance issues.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of development processes and methodologies.
- You are experienced with GraphQL API development and have an appreciation for common database solutions (MySql, PostgreSQL) and ORM libraries such as Sequelize.
- You are enthusiastic about testing (unit tests, integration tests and end-to-end tests), with experience using frameworks such as Jest.
- You have an appreciatian for version control (Git) and agile development methodologies.
- You have a thorough understanding of RESTful APIs and experience in designing and consuming APIs.
- You are familiar with Groovy or Java for back-end development is highly desirable.
- You are a problem-solver with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- You understand how to communicate effectively to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
- A 'can-do' attitude with the desire to contribute to a high-performing team.
- The right to work full-time in Australia.
GLiNTECH is an Australian IT Professional Services firm specialising in bridging the gap between software companies and customers.
As Atlassian Platinum Solution Experts, we help customers evaluate, implement, deploy and optimise software purchases. We only partner with software vendors whose roots (just like ours) are in development teams and we dedicate time to learn everything about the tools and how they work in different customer scenarios.
Our deep understanding of the software means we provide clever customised solutions, training and trouble shooting that ensures smooth acquisitions and improved user adoption throughout any organisation - from ASX top 100 companies to small start-ups.
At GLiNTECH we believe in employing diversity of thought in our workplace and cultivating a collaborative, flexible and supportive environment. We have an organisational structure where everyone is heard and recognised and a culture that is driven by cross-disciplinary teamwork.
As a GLiNTECH employee in Australia, you'll have access to your choice of professional development training and create your own opportunities for career growth. We have an embedded 'working from home' culture supported by a customised range of employee benefits to help you work anywhere.
Benefits of working at GLiNTECH:
At GLiNTECH, we believe in creating an environment that helps you to achieve personal fulfilment through accomplishment. To do this, we offer some great perks to our employees:
- Flexibility: Staff have the flexibility to work from the office and home with a working from home budget to set up their space - finding the perfect mix that works for each employee and helps them to be their most effective.
- Learning: We have you covered for all technical and industry certifications (assisted by our internal training experts) as well as an internal online learning system that is tailored to your needs for growth.
- Paid Leave: Paid Parental Leave for both primary and secondary carers. An annual GLiNTECH leave day to use for whatever celebration is important to you or to extend a public holiday.
- Discounts: Discounts to products, services, fitness and healthcare offered through our employee portal.
- Recognition: Company wide kudos for great feedback and yearly awards for teams and individuals who embody our values.
- Team Building: Socials include online events, Marketing events, office catered town hall updates as well as Director's dinners are all part of our day to day. Our offices are in buildings that promote social gathering and we gather all our employees together throughout the year to participate in activities that cross over teams, building an understanding and appreciation of each other’s contribution to the wider GLiNTECH company.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Should you require further information about the role, please contact at email@example.com.
Our Hiring Process:
- After being shortlisted, you will receive a phone call so we can get to know you beyond your application. If you are successful to go to the next stage, you will be invited to attend a Zoom interview with HR and the Hiring Manager.
- In this interview, we will share our company vision, culture and team dynamics. We will chat about the position, opportunities for growth and hear why you are a good fit for this role. If we are all happy to continue, you will then have the opportunity for a 2nd interview.
- This 2nd interview is about the technical aspects of the role. As part of the interview process, you are requested to undertake a task and you will be asked to talk through your approach to the task. Candidates who progress to final stage are the ones whose approach to solving the task shows analytical thinking. Presentation skills will not be assessed. A team member, the Hiring Manager and a Director will attend this meeting and if successful, an employment offer will be made within 72 hours.