Jira Service Desk vs Service Now
It’s a decision that is not to be taken lightly: which service desk solution is going to meet the specific demands of your company?
You could stay with ServiceNow, the decade-old option with full ITIL coverage that first moved the enterprise service desk into the cloud. But many organisations are now looking for a leaner, cheaper alternative that offers a more flexible product.
And that’s where we compare Jira Service Desk as an option.
Let’s take a closer look at what it can offer you, compared to what you’re getting with ServiceNow.
- Paying for complex processes you never use is one of the main gripes about ServiceNow. Jira Service Desk trims the fat off ITIL, so you end up only with what you need. And you get it right out of the box, with easier ITIL implementation, configuration and administration - you can implement it yourself and usually maintain it without the need for third-party assistance.
- Jira Service Desk comes at 1/5th the price of ServiceNow. We know cheaper isn’t always better but that’s not the case here: you save money from the fact you’re not paying for features you don’t need, there are no sneaky renewal costs, and with Jira Service Desk averaging half the implementation time of ServiceNow (4.5 months v 1.2 months), you make significant savings on services and training.
- Jira Service Desk allows IT and dev teams to communicate and connect on a single platform - something legacy service desks don’t allow. This smooths the way for the two teams to work together to fix incidents and push through necessary changes.
- Jira Service Desk was designed with collaboration in mind, enabling all your teams to work together and resolve incidents more quickly. To this end, it goes well beyond features like the basic chat offered by other service desks.
- Why pay for pricey customisations when you can have the open and extensible Jira Service Desk, which gives you 600+ apps to choose from and the ability to easily add what you need to your service desk? Integration with the tools you already use is just one click away.
Read more about the top five signs that mean it’s time for you to switch from ServiceNow to Jira Service Desk. Download the PDF below.