Atlassian Announces Cloud Price Updates
Atlassian recently announced some changes to their Cloud List and Advantaged pricing plans, which will come into effect on 18 Oct 2023 PT. These changes will impact Standard, Premium and Enterprise customers. As this date is fast approaching, we have identified a list of questions and answers that will assist you in how you can manage the upcoming changes and our recommendations on next steps.
What is changing?
Effective 18th October, Atlassian will make the following changes:
Cloud List price plans:
- Jira Software Cloud Standard, Premium & Enterprise will increase by 5%
- Jira Service Management Cloud Standard, Premium & Enterprise will increase by 5-30% (depending on your user tier)
- Confluence Cloud Standard, Premium & Enterprise will increase by 5%
- Atlassian Access 1,000+ users will increase by 10%
Cloud Advantaged price plans:
- Jira Software Premium will increase by 5-39% (will reach list price with this increase)
- Jira Service Management Standard will increase by 5-47% (will reach list price with this increase)
- Jira Service Management Premium will increase by 14-60%
- Atlassian Access will increase by 9-60% (will reach list price with this increase)
Am I Impacted by this change?
You will be impacted if you are:
- A current Cloud customer on list pricing
- A current Cloud customer on an advantaged price plan
How do I know if I'm on an advantaged pricing plan?
If you're not sure of your current price point, your GLiNTECH Account Manager can advise you of your plan and any upcoming increases.
What options do I have?
You have three options!
Option 1: Finalise any Cloud quotes with us by 13th October 2023 (Recommended)
If you have an active quote with us for new cloud licensing, user or plan upgrades or renewals, please have any requested quote amendments to us as soon as possible to make sure you take advantage of the current pricing.
Option 2: Purchase 24 months upfront before the price increase
To lock in the current pricing, you can request a 24 month quote for new cloud licensing and renewals. (Atlassian quoting terms and conditions apply).
Option 3: Purchase cloud licensing after the price increase
If you have no worries about the price increase, then you can always transact at a later date.
Is there anything else I should know to secure current pricing?
- Ensure all changes to your cloud quotes (including technical contact details) are requested by 13 Oct 2023
- Once you have your cloud quote, you'll need to refrain from making any changes to your cloud site until the transaction has been finalised. Any changes to your cloud site, such as activating and deactivating licenses or trials, will result in active quotes being automatically deleted. A new quote would need to be created and would be subject to the new pricing structure.
Atlassian pricing is complex and there may be other considerations that can help reduce your costs, please reach out to our team if you require any advice on the changes.