Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Get ready to gain your ScrumMaster certification
The Certified Scrum Master (CSM) is not only the original Agile certification but it is also without question the most globally recognised. With a focus on process leadership, the CSM teaches new Scrum Masters highly pragmatic, real-world patterns, techniques, tools and tips to help them lead Scrum teams.
The CSM is governed by the peak industry body, the Scrum Alliance. Home to the largest network of professional Scrum practitioners in the world – the Scrum Alliance applies the most stringent trainer certification process in the industry to ensure that you receive truly world-class Scrum and Agile training.
The previous in-person attendance requirement stipulated by the Scrum Alliance has been temporarily lifted to accommodate the current situation and we are excited to be able to offer our Certified Scrum Product Owner training session, virtually.
Our Virtual-Online course* includes:
- Downloadable training materials;
- Real-time instruction;
- Relatable examples; AND
- The option to attend the same training course in-person at a later date at no additional cost
The course will contain the same unique AxisAgile content and will also focus on how Scrum teams can collaborate remotely. The class size will remain limited to ensure all attendees are still able to effectively collaborate with each other and with both trainers. Completed in real time, attendees will work together in small teams and learn not only from the trainers but also through discussion in breakout sessions, exercises, targeted games and simulations.
*A laptop or desktop with Internet connection is required
This course covers:
- A Scrum and Agile overview
- Selling Scrum to senior business stakeholders
- When to apply Scrum vs Waterfall
- Creating a Product Vision
- Prioritising and refining the Product Backlog using the Definition-of-Ready
- Understanding User stories, Epics and Themes
- Managing the Definition-of-Done and non-functional requirements
- How to handle unplanned work, such as defects and business-as-usual (BAU) tasks
- How to blend Scrum with Kanban
- How to apply Scrum outside of technology
- How to foster self-organising teams
- The Scrum roles – Scrum Master, Product Owner and the Developers
- How to transition a team to Scrum using the Transition Backlog
- Popular Scrum tools and resources
- A day in the life of a typical Sprint
- Sprint Planning and the Sprint Backlog
- Formats, tips and tricks to run effective: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Refinement, Reviews and Retrospectives
- Managing WIP and flow using Visual Management Boards (VMBs)
- Relative Estimation and Planning Poker
- Release Planning and the Enhanced Release Burndown chart
- For Project Management Professionals (PMPs), this course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- This course also counts for 15 of the 21 hours of Agile Project Management Training for your PMI-ACP Certification.
Course Requirements - You will need a computer or laptop with webcam capability, and a good stable Internet connection. You will need to be visually present throughout the course on the webcam in order to be certified.
Sign In Information - At least 2 days prior to your course date, you will be provided with your unique log-in details, and all the information you need to prepare for your course.
Course times - Your real-time training will commence promptly at 9am and conclude at 5pm with plenty of activities and breaks (of course!) in between. Your full attendance and full participation over both days is required for certification.
Within 48 hours after successfully completing the course, we will nominate you to the Scrum Alliance for certification. You will then have 90 days to sit the 50 question test and answer 37 questions correctly within the 60 minute time limit. After you pass the CSM test (2 attempts are included in the ticket price) you will be asked to accept the CSM License Agreement and complete your Scrum Alliance membership profile. Don’t worry - you will learn everything you need to know at the course 🙂
Full price of this two day course is $1,400.00 (GST Inc.)
Early bird/group discounts may be available for bookings made up to 14 days before the scheduled course. For details, please contact us through the 'Make an Enquiry' tab.
Who should attend?
Anyone interested in learning and applying Scrum framework to their organisation or project team will benefit from this course. It’s particularly useful for developers, team leads, project team members, architects, coders, testers, IT/Development Managers, Project Management Professionals (PMPs) or PRINCE2 Practitioners.
You don’t need to have any previous Scrum certification in order to attend this course, but you are encouraged to visit the following resources prior to the course (they're short and very helpful):
To book your place on any Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) course, please click on the link below.
An early-bird discount of $200 per ticket may be available for bookings made up to 14 days before the scheduled event.